Hello all,

I'm trying to install the sslext-struts to toggle between https and http requests. I
have downloaded the sslext-struts-1.1RC1 and I have copied the /web directory-which
contains the demo app-  into my webapps. I have enabled  the SSL in Tomcat, copied the
jnet.jar,jcert.jar,jsse.jar into /web/WEB-INF/lib dir,  and I try to run the /web app
of sslext. When I give the request http://localhost:8080/web -or
https://localhost:8443/web- and  I get the following error in my browser:

HTTP Status 503

Servlet action is currently unavailable

The requested service (Servlet action is currently unavailable) is not currently
available.

In  Tomcat console i don't get any detailed exception. What am I doing wrong? Any help
would be appriciated!!! - I have already searched the archive and I couldn't find any
answer. -

Also I would like to ask a more general question regarding SSL. Suppose someone has
configured SSL on Apache server. When a http request for struts app is given to the
server, this request is transformed into https and then send to tomcat? Or we should
always use https?

Thank you,

Konstantina