I don't think validator supports this but I could be wrong. I believe there's a requirement that forms be defined for the default locale and then for specific locales so that the validator can fall back to the default in case it doesn't find a locale specific formset.

David

From: Paul Hodgetts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Validator Localization
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:41:18 -0800

I'm trying to localize validations where I have some fields that
only appear in certain locales, and therefore only need to be
validated under those locales.

In Struts in Action, Ted talks about adding attributes to the
<form> tag.  But it looks like under the newer Commons Validator,
the localization happens at the <formset> tag.

Given the following validation.xml (abbreviated a bit - it's
actually a lot larger than this):

<form-validation>
  <formset>
    <form name="infoContactForm">
      <field property="contactFName" depends="required">
        <arg0 key="formFieldLabel.contactFName" />
      </field>
    </form>
  </formset>
  <formset language="en" country="UK">
    <form name="infoMailingListForm">
      <field property="mailingListPostcode" depends="required, mask">
        <arg0 key="formFieldLabel.mailingListPostcode"/>
      </field>
    </form>
  </formset>
  <formset language="en" country="US">
    <form name="infoMailingListForm">
      <field property="mailingListZip" depends="required, mask">
        <arg0 key="formFieldLabel.mailingListZip"/>
      </field>
    </form>
  </formset>
</form-validation>

When I set the locale to en_UK or en_US, the Postcode or Zip
fields do not get validated.  The FName field always gets
validated under any locale.  What do I need to do to set up
for and trigger the locale-specific validation to happen?

Thanks much,
Paul
-----
Paul Hodgetts -- Principal Consultant
Agile Logic  -- www.agilelogic.com
Consulting, Coaching, Training -- On-Site & Out-Sourced Development
Java, J2EE, C++, OOA/D -- Agile Methods/XP/Scrum, Use Cases, UI/IA