I doing an app with struts. Although my problem is not directly related to struts
maybe any could help me out.

I have this prepared statement
SQLDef.BUSEMPINFO_INSERT=
INSERT INTO busempinfo (lastupdate) VALUES (?)

but when i use this on my Java servlet like this
pstmt = conn.prepareStatement(SQLDef.BUSEMPINFO_INSERT);
pstmt.setString(1,fdate.format(now));
pstmt.executeUpdate();

i got an error an Exception type error. which just state
null. It did not go to my SQLException catch.

what seems to be cause this null error. When i turn to the mysql client and run this
insert
INSERT INTO busempinfo(lastupdate) VALUES('2003-01-01');

i worked fine. Please help me out anyone. Thanks...