Hi Johan,

try this...

DynaActionForm yourForm = (DynaActionForm) this.createDynaActionFormFromFormBeanConfig(yourFormName, mapping);

// prepopulate the form
httpSession.setAttribute(yourFormName, yourForm);

protected DynaActionForm createDynaActionFormFromFormBeanConfig(String name, ActionMapping mapping)
throws InstantiationException, IllegalAccessException
{
FormBeanConfig config = (FormBeanConfig) mapping.getApplicationConfig().
findFormBeanConfig(name);

  DynaActionFormClass dynaClass = DynaActionFormClass.
                                createDynaActionFormClass(config);

  return ((DynaActionForm) dynaClass.newInstance());
}

hope this helps.

Marco

Johan Wasserman wrote:
Hi,
I need to populate a form from a StateBean (session) before displaying
it.
I cannot find anything to do it when using a FormBean (request) since
the bean is initialised when loading the form and no methods are
available to read the StateBean from the session (or so I think), any
suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Johan Wasserman