> David Graham ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> > This kind of logic is better done in an Action, not in the view layer.
> >
> > David
>
> I disagree in this case.  Assets should only be the concern of the
> view and sometimes, the view has to make sure that a certain state
> exists before it can display the asset.  For instance, if the view
> expects a background graphic to be setup in the action, it might
> need to verify it exists to ensure that it does not break what it is
> displaying.  To me this makes perfect sense as a precaution against
> a bad view component.  The direct path shouldn't be checked in the
> action because the action wouldn't necessarily know the base
> location for the asset.

An action would have to take the upload of the file, and copy it just so it's
"${menbername}.jpg", and then put it in the right directoy. An action knows
how to do this, why wouldn't the application then know how to find it?...

If the image is able to be changed by the client, the Action would have to
know where it is to find it and replace it.

Actions have to know where the image is.

Arron.