Hi,

We are developing a multilingual system using struts 1.1 and j2ee 1.3.

I need to know whether we can use backend database tables for providing all the
messages i.e. whether the messages can be provided by a set of java class rather than
relying on resource files residing on the server.

The reason why we want to use database is that when the application is live/running in
production mode, we may not have access to physical files lying on the server m/c
whereas the information stored in the tables can be accessed/updated from remote sql
clients. Another advantage of using database could be that if needed we can provide a
gui/maintenance for the admins to modify the messages as and when required. In this
case, we may also choose to decide about some strategies for sychronizing of the
messages used by the application with the database at regular intervals(or event
based).

Wonder if some in-built support of some kind is available in struts for the above.

Please do let me know if it can be achieved by overriding some of the initialization
api's of the ActionServlet.

Regards
Rahul