I encountered an error which tripped me up for 30 minutes today.  I
visited one of my deployed pages, then changed one of the fields in
my form in both struts-config.xml and validator.xml and then
reloaded both my application and tomcat.  Each time I got an error
that there was no getter for the new form field.  The problem was,
the form was in my session and until I killed my cookie to get a new
session, I was stuck with the error.

This is very bad, because it means that the forms are sticking
around in the session even after updates have been made so unless
all users kill their cookies, they will get errors after a
redeployment. (Please note I am not talking about after a form
submission but rather the structure of the dynavalidatorform who's
instance is stored in the session for populating values when
necessary...the form I was working with was actually request scope).

Thoughts?  I am not sure which component is the guilty party here.

Dan

Daniel Allen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/