On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Dan Tarkenton wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:32:09 -0800 (PST)
> From: Dan Tarkenton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: how to invoke the action servlet?
>

> I have been referencing the book Struts in Action by Ted Husted as well
> as the struts site. I cannot figure out what to point my browser to in
> order to invoke struts. I have zero JSPs in my struts application -- I
> have no need for them because I am utilizing Model X where I have one
> XSLT servlet that represents my entire view layer. I thought I could
> just point my browser to http://localhost:8080/ginsu (ginsu being the
> name of my web app). I realize I have no index.html or index.jsp, but
> I'm just trying to go directly to the action servlet from the browser.
>
> Is this not possible in struts?

The URL of an action is composed like this:

  http://${hostname}:${portnumber}${contextpath}${actionpath}

So, if you install your webapp at context path "/ginsu", and you want to
invoke the action with a path of "/ginsu" (which appears to be the only
one you've defined), the URL would be:

  http://localhost:8080/ginsu/ginsu.do

since you are using extension mapping.  The first part ("/ginsu") selects
which web application, while the rest ("/ginsu.do") selects the action.

Craig