The following snippets may help

<snippet>
      //place your jndi under your WEB-INF/classes
      ClassLoader classLoader = getClass().getClassLoader();
      InputStream in = classLoader.getResourceAsStream("jndi.properties");
      if ( in == null )
          throw new MissingResourceException("JNDI property file
jndi.properties' not found in classpath.",
                                             null, null);

      Properties jndiProperties = new Properties();
      try {
        jnidProperties.load(in);
      }catch ( IOException e ) {
        throw new MissingResourceException("Problem loading
'jndi.properties'", null, null);
      }
</snippet>

Or

<snippet>
      //place your jndi file under WEB-INF
     InputStream is =
servlet.getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/jndi.properties");
     if ( in == null )
          throw new MissingResourceException("jndi property file
jndi.properties' not found in classpath.",
                                             null, null);

      Properties jndiProperties = new Properties();
      try {
        jndiProperties.load(in);
      }catch ( IOException e ) {
        throw new MissingResourceException("Problem loading
'jndi.properties'", null, null);
      }
</snippet>

Good luck.