OJB all the way, you would be surprised at what it can do for complex
queries and caching (ex, give me the five most recent forums ordered by
their posts' time stamp:  Criteria.addOrderBy("posts.created", true)).  I
can't say enough.  Hibernate is on its way to OJB, but OJB just gets better
and better with every release (now at 1.0rc1)

-Jacob

PS. Use OJB :-)