I've just had a similar problem, recently. The docs seem to be a bit misleading (or perhaps the docs are right and theres a bug somewhere?).
eg.
<bean:write name="message"/>

Note you may also need to set the message paramater of the html:message tag to "true" if you have created your messages using the ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE key as the tag (confusingly) defaults to using ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR

Hope this helps,

Gareth

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is anybody knows how to use messages system of struts. I just want to print some information on the user screen, so I use an ActionMessages object, then i fill it with ActionMessage, I save it, and in my jsp, I use the tag <html:messages id="messages"> in which messages is the name of my svaed object, but nothing is printed out? So perhaps I do not use correctly this?

Cheers
Pierre

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"