From: Mikael Eriksson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 11:17 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Cc: Knutson, Mick
Subject: Re: [OT] EXTREMELY URGENT: JBoss JAAS/Container Security issue

Hello!

Try changing this line in login-config.xml

                 <module-option name = "rolesQuery">SELECT user_roles,
user_group FROM USER_ROLES WHERE USERNAME=?</module-option>

  <module-option name = "rolesQuery">SELECT user_roles, 'Roles' FROM
USER_ROLES WHERE USERNAME=?</module-option>

or change the value of user_group in all rows to "Roles".

My understanding of the second parameter that the rolesquery should return
is that
you can somhow categorize users in diffent ways, but that the default
user/role handling
should return "Roles".

It also sounds like you might have misunderstood how the "run-as" identity is used. That identity does not affect the callers of a bean or who can call it, it says that when the bean tries to access other beans it will do so with the run-as identity. This is so you can define beans that only can be called by "internal" identities so that noone can call them directly from the outside.

Regards
/Mikael