From: Cedric Dumoulin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 1:57 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Probelm with Tiles download...

Hi,

The download from the cited site should run.
The tutorial is in tiles-doc.war. It should run immediately, unless you have a configuration problem (missing jars, bad parser version, ...).
The tutorial in this dist is based on a now old struts 1.1 pre beta version.
If you want to use tiles with struts1.0.x, I advice to do the following:

   * get the tiles-documentation.war from struts distribution. Learn,
     do the tutorial  and experiment with this war file. The files from
     the tutorial are in this version.
   * After you are comfortable with Tiles, experiment on a struts1.0
     platform: get the dist from my website, locate
     tilesForStruts1-0.jar and use it with struts1.0.
   * You can start from the tiles-blank-struts1-0.war file to have a
     good starting point with struts1.0.

Hope this help,

Cedric

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi All,

I just downloaded Tiles.zip from the tiles home page(http://www.lifl.fr/%7Edumoulin/tiles/).I need to use it with struts 1.0.

The readme.txt says that there is a tilies-tutorial.war which i cant find any where.

Also there are 2 jar files(tiles.jar in /lib and tilesForStruts1-0.jar in /lib/struts1.0).SO which one i shoule be using?

And when I deploy the tiles-documentation.war and access it,I get following exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:248)

Where can I get a proper download of Tiles for struts 1.0.

regards, Shirish