Brian,

I had the same problem. I did the following:

1) save the errors in the session instead of the request

2) wrote a method that takes the messages from the session, and puts it
into the request. I call that after my redirect is done.

I thought about having the .jsp pull it out of the session and display
it, but I was concerned about that being fragile if the user's control
flow somehow didn't lead to the message display page. So instead, I do
it in my controller (we're using tiles, too, so I have more than 1
action being called for every page).

I'd be interested in hearing what approach you took to solving this
problem.

cheers,

--
Cody Sherr