Sometimes using Struts can dramatically decrease productivity. It look to like – “let’s learn to fly, and then fly somewhere very fast”, sometimes it is faster “to run”.
But, of cause, if somebody decides to build Model 2 from scratch – better to think once more.
It is better to use some high-level tools with exiting framework. It can help bypass initial learning curve…

        Igor Shabalov.
        http://www.exadel.com
        http://www.exadel.com/products_strutsstudio.htm