hi gurus,

I have some facade layer for my database.
That every method in that facade layer, naturally, *catches* SQLException
and in return
   throw new DBException( sqlexception);

My DBException is extending java.lang.Exception. So, I have to explicity
throw it and later catch it in my business logic layer as well. Obviously,
if there is DBException, even business logic CANNOT do anything but to pass
the exception to presentation layer where it can be caught nicely by
<global-exception>

What if i change my DBException to extend RunTimeException.

__That way__
 + I need not to explicity throw and catch DBException.
 + Few of my methods won't have to send 2-3 exceptions like
      getBookList(int id) throws DBException, NoBookException

__Qs__
+ Would this exception still be catched by <global-exception>?
+ If YES, is it a nice thing to do?

Any comments are welcome
- Navjot Singh