Hello,
I am learning how to use the DynaValidatorForm and Validtor, but I have run into a problem I can't figure out:

One of the fields in the form is of type "Integer". The validation rules I set up check to see if (1) the a value has been given (required) (2) the value given is an integer.

I submit the form, but the validation doesn't catch either of those cases and return the form populated with "0".

Can somebody clue me in on Integer validation?

thanks,
- vic

Below are the snippets from the pertinent configs:

struts-config.xml-------------
        <form-bean name="bookForm"
            type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
            <form-property name="title" type="java.lang.String" />
            <form-property name="numpages" type="java.lang.Integer" />
        </form-bean>
---------------------------

validation.xml---------------

<form name="bookForm">

<field property="title" depends="minlength,maxlength">
<arg0 key="prompt.title"/>
<arg1 key="${var:minlength}" name="minlength"

                        resource="false"/>
                <arg2   key="${var:maxlength}" name="maxlength"
                        resource="false"/>
                <var>
                    <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
                    <var-value>16</var-value>
                </var>
                <var>
                    <var-name>minlength</var-name>
                    <var-value>3</var-value>
                </var>
            </field>

            <field property="numpages" depends="required,integer">
                <arg0   key="prompt.pages"/>
            </field>

        </form>