I am trying to add to the struts configuration file programatically inside a
plugin.

The following plugin code compiles and runs,

    public void init(ActionServlet action, ModuleConfig config)
    {
        actionConfig = new ActionConfig();
        actionConfig.setPath("/Login");
        actionConfig.setType("com.support.struts.security.LoginAction");
        actionConfig.setValidate(false);
        config.addActionConfig(actionConfig);
    }

however, the path /Login is not recognised at runtime. Does anyone have any
ideas on this ???

I am trying to avoid the need to add mappings like the following to every
struts-config file for each application we build.

    <action-mappings>
        <action
            path="/Login"
            type="com.support.struts.security.LoginAction"
            validate="false"/>
    </action-mappings>

My idea was to extend what is defined in the struts-config file for each
application with action mappings that are common. This makes our job a
little easier, and ensures that important areas like security are handled
consistently.

Perhaps there is a better way ???

Cheers,

Geoff Apps