I can think of a couple of options -

1) Use the browser back button :-)
2) Could you perhaps make your back button an <html:cancel> button. This way validation won't be performed. Your action class should check for cancel. - isCancelled(request) - and "somehow" forward to the previous page.

Cheers,

Paul C

Gregory F. March wrote:

On May 29, 2003, Paul Curren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

|You then have a few options -
|1) Associate the form bean with multiple actions, where each action is a |separate page in your wizard (be sure to set the form bean to session scope)
|2) Have all pages of the form submit to the same action, with the action |class able to discover what page it's processing e.g. a hidden input |populate a "page" attribute in your form bean.

Paul,

But how do you implement a "back" button?  I'm trying to do exactly
this with a DynaActionForm.

I set up an action that generates a forward to the previous form jsp
and when I try to go back to that form where the user has already
entered data, the values get reset.  I have even tried overriding
reset in my subclassed DynaActionForm.

Do I have to do something in the jsp or somewhere else?

Thanks!

/greg

--
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet