From: Bailey, Shane C. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 1:57 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: creating new DynaValidatorForm

Did you have:

Public AssociateForm()
{
        super();
}

-----Original Message-----
From: Chen, Gin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 2:00 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'

I get the following when I try to get a property from the form.
ie associate.get("associateId")
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm.toString(DynaActionForm.java:511)

Funny thing is that on the javadoc it says:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - if there is no property of the
specified name
java.lang.NullPointerException - if the type specified for the property is
invalid

So looks like the property was picked up okay but the type is invalid??
I dont see how that could be as I have everything declared as Strings.

    <form-bean name="associateForm"
type="com.nielsenmedia.nam.ui.form.AssociateForm">
        <form-property name="associateId" type="java.lang.String"
initial=""/>
        <form-property name="dmzId" type="java.lang.String" initial=""/>
        <form-property name="firstName" type="java.lang.String" initial=""/>
        <form-property name="middleName" type="java.lang.String"
initial=""/>
        <form-property name="lastName" type="java.lang.String" initial=""/>
        <form-property name="businessEntityId" type="java.lang.String"
initial=""/>
        <form-property name="productID" type="java.lang.String" initial=""/>
        <form-property name="productFlag" type="java.lang.String"
initial="N"/>
        <form-property name="notificationFlag" type="java.lang.String"
initial="N"/>
        <form-property name="statusInd" type="java.lang.String" initial=""/>
    </form-bean>

Btw, my class is defined as such:
public class AssociateForm extends DynaValidatorForm

Did you find a way around your problem?
-Tim