Just so I understand the problem, why would a city not want to have a service? That makes no sense to me.

At 01:46 PM 5/27/03 -0700, you wrote:
Micael,

Thanks for your input.  My problem is limited to how far one is willing
to travel to provide a service.  The way I have it setup now is
one can specify up to five locations (cities).  But if someone wants to
provide service to more than five cities they have no way of specifiying
this.  It is a bit more cumbersome to specify individual cities.  On the
other hand specifying a distance would require immediate feedback
to the person providing the service so they can realize what cities
they have specified (through distance).   Another problem is
a city that is included in the distance may want to be excluded.
A solution that comes to mind is to allow the user to enter
the number of cities they want to provide service in.  But what is
reasonable.  5, 10,100.  That would be a pain in the neck to
enter and may utilize an unnecessary amount of the database
(would allow random cities not located adjacent to each other).

Barry