(Forwarding to list as it looks like Arron's reply didnt make it there)

-----Original Message-----
From: Arron Bates [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 2 June 2003 21:44
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Nested] Order of Population of nested properties

As Andrew mentioned, try to get all processing into an Action and out of the
object model.

I find this kind of way gets a little hairy trying to get the object model
do processing. Using LazyList from the commons (ListUtils.lazyList()), you
can
simply wait until Struts has done all the request processing, and then
manipulate whatever you want in the handling of the Action. This way you
know
Struts is done, and the object model is at your mercy. It also helps your
piece of mind by knowing that the model is just a bean, and all processing
is
in an Action.

Arron.

> <snip>
> If you must do your thing in the setter then you can use
request.getPara...
> hmm oops! no you cant. You dont have access to the request object there!
> </snip>
>
> Suppose you could save the reference to the request in a member variable
> during the reset() method and refer to it in your setter, but thats
> distinctly 'inelegant'. Unless your in a big hurry Id say go with doing
the
> stuff in the action itself.

Or