I see.

what does "undies in a bind" mean??

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Goodin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 3:19 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: first time action

No need to get your undies in a bind. I usually use the request and
therefore specify it as such. Session scope causes potential problems
because the values persist. Anyways, you are correct. My humblest of
apologies. I just have never used default.

-- code from request processor --
if ("request".equals(mapping.getScope())) {
    request.setAttribute(mapping.getAttribute(), instance);
} else {
    session.setAttribute(mapping.getAttribute(), instance);
}
-- end --
Brandon Goodin