I would check the HTML source and see what the "Name" attribute for the
textfield you are trying to access is set to.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 8:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JavaScript and text field

Hi,

I have some problems to access a text field.

I have this JSP code:

And want to access the value of the item field:

function check(){
        var inputvalue = document.all.item.value;
        alert(inputvalue);
        var inputvalue = document.forms[0].item.value;
        alert(inputvalue);
}

No of these variant runs. In an another application I have the 2 solution
and it works. Are there any depedencies between struts and JS?

Juraj