From: Pat Quinn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 5:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Tiles Beginner Question] Href & Tile Definitions

I've successfully got tiles up and running... I do understand how i can use
a tile definition as a struts forward for my actions.... but i'm looking to
redirect to a tile definition using a href link. E.g.

I have the following tile definition:

<definition name="my.home" extends="default" >
        <put name="title" value="MY PAGE TITLE HERE"/>
        <put name="body-content" value="home-body.jsp"/>
</definition>

I have tried the following but it doesn't work (i.e. passing the tile id as
a parameter to the ForwardAction):

<action path="/home"
        parameter="my.home"
        scope="request"
        type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
        validate="false">
</action>

I guess what i'm really asking is there a predefined Action which will take
my tile Id and forward to this view....

Its not that i'm lazy as i could write one if i need too but this would mean

that i have to create a global forward for any tiles i want to access using
a href and then pass the global id to a temporary action in order to view my

definition which sounds like a very round about way to achieve this.

Any ideas guys??

This message and any attachments are for the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information about Downey Savings
or its customers, which Downey Savings does not intend to disclose to the public. If
you received this message by mistake, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the message and attachments.