Take a look at the struts-example.  For subscriptions and registration
tasks, there are 2 parts to the flow.

1. Setup
2. Save

In a general sense "Setup" is usually an "edit" or a "new" when using the
application.  The only difference being that edit uses some values from
persistence to allow the user to edit them.  "new" just presents the user
with a blank form so that they can fill it out from scratch.

In both cases, the "setup" is handled by one action and uses a request
parameter to determine if this is a a "new" subscription or "editing" an
existing one.  That parameter is called (coincidentally) "action".

Here's the struts-config entry to handle that:

    <!-- Edit mail subscription -->
    <action    path="/editSubscription"

type="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.EditSubscriptionAction"
          attribute="subscriptionForm"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
      <forward name="failure"              path="/mainMenu.jsp"/>
      <forward name="success"              path="/subscription.jsp"/>
    </action>

...notice that this action uses attribute="subscriptionForm" instead of
name="subscriptionForm" as is done when saving the subsciption...

    <!-- Save mail subscription -->
    <action    path="/saveSubscription"

type="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.SaveSubscriptionAction"
               name="subscriptionForm"
              scope="request"
              input="subscription">
      <forward name="subscription"    path="/subscription.jsp"/>
      <forward name="success"
path="/editRegistration.do?action=Edit"/>
    </action>

What this essentially saying is..."let me setup the form on the way into the
page, and let me tell struts which form I used when it gets submitted.

I hope this clears it up for you.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist