Usually, I have a Map property in my bean which makes the links for that given
object. For example, my links tend to go something like...

  <nested:link action="/testAction" property="linkParams" />

...bean code for the "getLinkParams" getter for the property looking like...

  public Map getLinkParams() {
    Map m = new HashMap();

    m.put("key", key);
    m.put("name", name);

    return m;
  }

...that way my bean objects typically know what it takes to link them to
another page, and they can hack the mapping of name & values as much as
required when called. Works a treat for me.

All the best.

Arron.