From: David Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 6:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RETRACTION] PHP version of Struts

>IMNSHO I think that it
>makes things more convoluted and aimless when we are able to shove any 'ol
>scripting language we want into the mix. Why not ECMA, VB or Perl. Then
>again, if you don't want it... don't use it :-D

I disagree with your last statement.  If you're coding a project yourself,
you can make sure you stay away from what you consider bad style, confusing
constructs, etc.  When on a team, or inheriting an old project, it's much
different.  In my experience, when a language allows too much flexibility
you end up with a real mess.  One of the best features of Java is the
limited amount of allowed language constructs  and idioms which leads to
easily understandable code.

Learning the "rules" of Java is much easier than learning the rules of C++
or Perl.  I realize everyone has their own favorite language but if I wanted
to write scripts I wouldn't be using Java to begin with.

David