mmmmmmmmm vi....

i think something like (in vi)

:%s/^M/ /g

should work just watch how you get the ^M in there .. you may need to use cntl + M to produce the correct characters...

I believe these days you can also use something like

:set ff=unix

might work as well if you try

:set all

to get a list of the stuff you can set , it will depend on your dist i guess....

cheers mark