When my web app (wls7) reloads a struts app it has a couple of java.io.NotSerializableException exceptions in the log file for the following objects:
org.apache.struts.config.impl.DefaultModuleConfigFactory
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn

We're running 1.1 RC1. Should these classes be Serializable if they are going to be in the application scope or am I doing something wrong?

I saw that DefaultModuleConfigFactory is now Serializable in the latest rc2 but what about the others? Should I submit a patch or change my app?

Thanks,
BAL