All the markup seems fine.

This is very indicative of the older Struts on the newer tomcat. Double check
the version of Struts. 4.1.x was broken with recursion and such things, but
it's fixed for RC2. As a last resort, try this jar...

    keyboardmonkey.com/downloads/km-nested-v2.03.jar

...throw it into the WEB-INF/lib directory. It has just the new nested tags,
should show if it's the tag version being out of whack.

Sandeep:
The new version of the tags above, doesn't need a <nested:root> for included
pages. Now all the tags now use the request object to hold their references,
all the nested tags just look for that rather than look at the current JSP's
tag layout. It just means that as long as the nested structure is started
(nested:form, nested:root, any nested parent tag), any include file can just
mark up child tags like normal and it should work.

I probably wouldn't have done this on purpose, but using the request object
use was the only way I could get the new tomcat working for some reason.

Arron.