> <snip>
> The problem I have with this is that in the action
> class the form has not yet been initialized (since it is before form
> gets displayed and submitted, of course) and therefore is null.
> </snip>
>
> Shouldnt be.
>
> The request processor will have instantiated your ActionForm bean for
> you based on whats in the action mapping and it will be provided to
> your actions execute method. Check what you have in struts-config.xml
> for that action.

And again, I accidently replied to a private email adress... <sighs> Sorry
about that - once again.

So, as I was saying in that email, my action class is a link action (meaning
it gets called to when someone presses a certain link) and not yet
associated with any form (bean). My form (bean) actually has another action
class associated with it that handles whatever is supposed to happen after
the form gets submitted and was validated.

So, I guess I will have to tell this action that it belongs to that form
(bean) as well, even though it just handles whatever happens BEFORE the form
gets processed?

Greetings,
Nadja