Hi Nagendra, and thanks for your suggestion !

That "kinda" worked...
Using <var>
                 <var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
                <var-value>dd.MM.yyyy</var-value>
          </var>

resulted in the datefield being correctly validated to the dd.MM.yyyy format, but I
would also like it to allow both these formats of date :
08.11.1976 and 8.11.1976. I believe that the use of datePatternStrict force the use of
leading zeros ?

How come when I use only datePattern instead of datePatternStrict, nothing is
validated ?

Best Regards
Eirik Kjølsrud