The trigger for form-bean creation is the <html:form..> tag in your JSP. If a form
bean is not found in the proper scope when the <html:form..> tag is encountered duting
the JSP parsing, Struts will create one. The other option is to explicitly create a
form bean (in a "form initializer" action) and invoke the action before the form is
rendered.

You may be attempting to do a <bean:define..> before an <html:form..> - do you have a
fragment from your JSP?

..Hrishi

--

 Hrishi Dixit