From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 7:52 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: DispatchAction and input

Joel wrote:
> I guess that's the root of my problem.
> The place that it should go to when validation fails is
> different for each method. I would always want it to go
> back to the page that was submitted to produce the error

I've never tried this, but... 'ActionMapping mapping' is part of the
signature of the validate method.  Would it be possible to override
validate() and call mapping.setInput("whatever.jsp") before calling
super.validate()?

Worth a try, I guess.  Although "go back where you came from" is a common
Struts problem.  I just put a value in the request or session, but that may
not appeal to everyone.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.