tiles context? How do I get that?

The logon.jsp has a struts html:form attribute that is associated to the action class.

William Salvucci wrote:

>with the following tiles-def, I can forward to layout.main and everything is fine:
>
>definition name="layout.main" path="/layoutMain.jsp">
>    <put name="header" value="header.jsp" />
>    <put name="app" value="layout.app" />
>    <put name="footer" value="footer.jsp" />
>  </definition>
>
>  <definition name="layout.app" path="/layoutApp.jsp">
>    <put name="mainMenu" value="menu.main" />
>    <put name="subMenu" value="subMenu.jsp" />
>    <put name="body" value="welcome.jsp" />
>  </definition>
>
>  <!-- Menu bar definition -->
><definition name="menu.main" path="/menu.jsp" >
>  <putList name="items" >
>    <add value="Item 1" />
>    <add value="Item 2" />
>    <add value="Item 3" />
>  </putList>
></definition>
>
>I then modify the tiles-def so that in layout.main app = "logon.jsp" where logon.jsp
>submit is associated with a struts action. In the struts action I set the layout.main
>app = "layout.app"
>
>ComponentDefinition layout = TilesUtil.getDefinition("layout.main", request,
>this.servlet.getServletContext());
>      layout.put("app", "layout.app");

  It is not recommended to change a definition dynamically, unless you
know very well what you do. A definition content is shared by all the
website. Changing the content will be reflected to all user of the
definition. If you want to change a definition attribute for the current
tiles, you should do so in the tile context, which hold a temporary copy
of the definition.

>and forward to "layout.main". So basically after the action everything should be the
>same as my original setup. However, I get the following error on the forward
>
><Jun 20, 2003 1:16:00 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <Included resource or file "/netl-c
>ommons/layout.app" not found from requested resource "/netl-commons/layoutMain.j
>sp".>

  The layout.app name has been interpreted as an URL.  It appear that
the Tiles mechanism hasn't catch it.
  I don't see how you call the action from the logon.jsp page.

  Cedric