Natalie,

If it would help, I've put together an example application
(http://www.ninsky.com/struts) that shows most of the basic tags in action.
It actually came about after a discussion about options examples, so there
may be something you could use.

It's available as a WAR file that you can deploy directly to your servlet
container and includes viewable source so you can cut-and-paste any examples
that might do what you need.

Another useful source of examples is the excercise-taglib application which
is included in the struts distribution. It's got more comprehensive coverage
of the tags than mine but is designed to test the tags rather than be easy
to understand for someone new to Struts.

HTH

Steve