On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Igor Shabalov wrote:

> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:04:24 -0700
> From: Igor Shabalov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Question - how many of us?
>

> Do anybody have any idea how many Struts users exists or how many downloads
> of Struts runtime per month we have now?

It's pretty hard to track stuff like this, but here's a few nuggets:

* Currently there are 2744 subscribers to STRUTS-USER (plus an unknown
  number who read it through newsfeed mirrors).  It's the largest
  user mailing list at Jakarta, exceeding TOMCAT-USER that has ~2400.

* Download counts are really hard to accumulate now that we are using
  the mirroring system, but last summer Struts was averaging
  8-9000 downloads per month.  I expect that number is somewhat higher
  now.

* The upcoming 1.1 final release will probably send that number
  through the roof, at least temporarily :-).

* Vadim Gritsenko accumulates and posts some high level statistics
  for Apache web sites that can be interesting to peruse:

    http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/index.html

  Struts definitely shows up as an active project there too.

Craig