I looked at tabsLayout.jsp in rc2.  Here is a code
snippet:

<<<<<
String href = request.getRequestURI() +
"?"+parameterName + "=" + index;
    // Don't add request URI prefix , but let the
client compute the original URL
        // This allows to use a Struts action as page URL,
and perform a forward.
        // Bug reported by Don Peterkofsky
  //String href = "" + "?"+parameterName + "=" +
  String color = notSelectedColor;
  if( index == selectedIndex )
    {
        selectedBody = tab.getLink();
        color = selectedColor;
        } // enf if
%>

In the above code - tab is what you have defined as an
entry in your putList and we are iterating over it.
This code is creating the tabs.  At the very bottom is
where it is creating the link for each tab.

This link seems to be always the same according to the
code and to just append a parameter to it.  So
basically you want the original request to the page to
be an action and I think it should work since it will
always make an href to the original request +
parameter which tells what has been selected.

Below this code snippet it does an insert (include):

<tiles:insert name="<%=selectedBody%>" flush="true" />

selectedBody depends on selectedIndex (this is the
paramater that changes depending on the tab).  This is
set as a default in your definition as well in case
you haven't selected a tab yet.(zero below).
SelectedBody is a jsp in this case although the
comment makes it seem like it could be an action.

I am not sure if you can do a tiles:insert
name="some_Action"??  So if you can't then I wouldn't
have the link parameter set to an action...

Also selectedBody is set twice.  Once in the code
above if someone selected something.  Also by default.

So I think by reading the code the the initial action
that brings up the tab layout will always be called
when you click on the link.  This should always
forward to this same tile.  The only thing that
changes is the parameter saying which page is
selected.

If you want to change the behaviour you will have to
change the code.

sandeep