Well it is slightly off-topic because it's more a tomcat issue, but in short I don't think you can achieve what you want to achieve using a standard realm and container-managed security. You could easily put a link to create a new account in your error pagge or have FORM-based CMS with a link in the login form to create a new account. There is nothing in struts though that will address this issue directly.

HTH
Adam

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am using container managed security in Tomcat 4.1.24 with a database
realm.  All this is working fine.  However, I'd like to give the user the
possibility of creating a user acount when the login.jsp is displayed.  When
the user creates the account, I would like to do the login with the supplied
credentials and redirect to the originally requested page.  I'm not sure if
Tomcat's realm classes have a way to do the login in this way and I will
check that out.  The question I'm wondering about is if anyone knows a good
solution for redirecting to the originally requested page (aside from
keeping this information in a session bean).  Even if I return back to the
login.jsp, Tomcat won't know what to do when I hit the "Submit" button.  I'm
sorry if this is OT for Struts, but this is a Struts app and you never know
if Struts has a way to help deal with this.

Thanks for any help,

Mike Witt