Hi

I am struggling with the best approach to take with my first Struts
application and wondered if I could get some voices of experience.

I have a 1->m relationship (Supplier -> Products) that I wish to represent
in a maintenance application.

You can Add or Edit a Supplier, and then within this Add or Edit you can Add
or Edit Products.

My persistence layer provides a Supplier Data Transfer Object(DTO)
representing the Supplier->Products (The Supplier holds a Collection of
Product DTO's).

At the moment I have ActionForm for Supplier held in session scope
containing a collection of Product ActionForms.  Depending on Add or Edit
these are populated from the Supplier DTO.

When a Save is finally executed I create a Supplier DTO and populate it from
the Supplier ActionForm and collection of Product ActionForms.  The DTO is
passed to the persistence layer.

I still have logic in the Action classes that I do not like, for example the
Save determines whether to call insert() or update() on my persistence
layer.  I think I need a Workflow type class where a method Save() will
determine whether to call insert() or update().

So, any comments of my current approach?
Suggestions for improvements?

Thanks
Shane

Shane Mingins