Brian McSweeney wrote:
Hi all,
I know this has been discussed previously, but I’d like some user
feedback.
I’m going to start writing test cases soon, and I’d like to know
people’s experience using the various frameworks available.
First off, my environment: I’m using Struts talking to ejbs (session
façade to entity beans).
So to test, I’d like to test both functionality, and performance under
load.

My understanding is about the frameworks available is that they pretty
much all use Junit.
I know that strutstestcase is recommended a lot, but it doesn’t seem
obvious to me how to do load testing with it, like I could with JunitPerf.
Anyone’s experience, advice would be very much appreciated,

Not specific to load or performance testing, but I found the following article helpful in testing some parts of my model/domain code:

<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-mocktest.html>

The only problem is that if you are using ServiceLocator pattern, and you wish to subclass the ServiceLocator to override its behavior (so that you can have it provide mock objects instead of actual database connections or EJB handles, etc), static methods are not inherited in subclasses. For instance, I am using a static method to access the ServiceLocator singleton instance....

Erik