Nathan Ewing wrote:
I'm trying to set up struts validation (using the validate() function in the
actionForm) and I'm getting a few problems.

First, as soon as I open the form it shows the validation errors. It doesn't
wait until I fill out the form. Is there a way to prevent this?

yes sure, you set up another action mapping for the initial call of the form, exactly the same except with validation = false

Second if I fill out the form correctly (and hence there would be no validation errors) I get a null pointer exception on the: org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag.doStartTag(ErrorsTag.java:239) tag

don't know about that. what have you got for the tag? if you set up the initial mapping as above, do you still get it?

Adam