I think having multiple mappings is the easiest.

The other way is to modify the struts-workflow
extension, but take it from me that this may be more
complicated than it is worth.

The workflow extension code has a session scoped bean
that knows where you have been.  With a little
modification you can get this to work.

Depending on if this happens a lot or just
infrequently I would use the multiple mappings.

The way I usually think about mappings is that there
is a unique one (other than the obvious) for different
inputs and different forwards (with the same name).

sandeep