Pat Quinn wrote:
Hey guys, I know its not really a struts question but is anyone out there using Jakarta Lucene with struts. I've started looking into it to enable full text searching of product catalogues rather than screwing around with SQL Like statements.

If you are using a facade or DAO, it's very easy to use either JDBC or Lucene as needed. All the application does is call the facade or DAO, what it does behind the scenes is out of sight.

Struts should not be aware what data access method is being used. The same business logic calls should be made regardless of whether you are using JDBC, Hibernate, Lucene, all three, or a Mock implementation for testing.

But, yes, many of us who use Struts have been using Lucene for years, even before it was brought to Apache. I used in examples in Professional Site Design and again in Struts in Action. (And continue to use it with current projects.)

-Ted.

-- Ted Husted, Struts in Action <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>