I was having a similar issue - check your redirects - make sure you don't have situations where submissions are going to a different url than the redirects - for instance:

user types in mysite.com, is redirected to mysite.com/login.jsp
user submits, form submission goes to mysite.com/access/login
login servlet, upon successs, redirects to www.mysite.com/index.jsp

if you have this situation (others might be typing www.mysite.com so they wouldn't have the problem) what happens is that seeing that it's a new url the user gets a new session, a new session id, and therefore is not registered as being logged in.

there are actually many ways to solve this - here are a few:
make sure all users end up with the same url (using redirects from the start)
set cookies to work for *.mysite.com (can u do that with session ids? not sure)
prepend all links with whatever the requested domain name is
use all relative links
use all full links consistently

hope that helps.

.sander

{ -------- Billy Ng was saying -------- }:

This may be a tomcat question, but I don't find any help there.

One of the customers complains they get bounced back to login page after they logged in and click on any button. This only happens on IE 6 SP-1, but not Netscape. My best guess is the sessioned cookie never been set so that the app returns user back to login page. Anyone have seen this before?

Thanks!

Billy Ng

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Einstein

sander-martijn <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
interface developer | architect
www.sander-martijn.com <http://www.sander-martijn.com>