I would store something like this in application
context.  This is easier in your case since you have
one language it seems.

PreActions can be created simply by having a
BaseAction that everything overrides.

The baseAction has a bunch of hooks that can be
overridden.  One of these is
preProcessing(mapping,request,response,form).

A good resource is Ted Husted's book (Struts in
Action)

Someone else may have more details...

sandeep

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/util/LabelValueBean.html