Hi guys,

I know I've asked this before but I'm after some clarity. I have a web
application which gets deployed on a number of different systems and each
one has different settings with respect to file locations and email server
settings.  I'd like to set the mail server and directory settings in the
application.properties file (one central location, automatically picked up
by the app, etc).

I need a way to easily access the file from business classes. At the moment
I am using a couple of different workarounds: getting the settings in the
action file and then passing the appropriate values to business methods, or
passing the request object to the business methods, neither of which seem
very efficient.

I'd like to know if there is a way of retrieving the values in a simpler
fashion, using the application object for example.

As always any input always appreciated.

Zoran