Using: Struts 1.1
Servlet Container: Tomcat 4.1.24

In the process of studying the memory footprint of my application, I found that
certain objects were not getting garbage collected even though there were no apparent
references.  The biggest culprit was a rather large collection that was being
displayed using <nested:iterate>.

I am mentioning *how* it is being displayed only because JProbe revealed that the
reason the collection isn't getting free'd is because the associated NestedIterateTag
object was maintaining a reference to it - even after the user session was
invalidated.

I realize that this may not be Struts-issue per se but one of how Tomcat manages
(reuses) tags.  Have you seen such behavior and is there a way to coerce tag to free
the application object?

Thanks

Sri