I'm building a new Struts app... and for the first half of development, uncaught exceptions would be reported by the container (on a web page that's visible to the end user).

Suddenly yesterday all exceptions stopped being reported to the web output, and are now only appearing as a StackTrace in stderr.log. The exceptions are Jsp compile errors (i.e.... I've typed an attribute wrong in a JSTL tag). It's really annoying to have to scan the stderr.log every time to debug a Jsp... how did I turn off error reporting?

I don't recall any substantial changes to my struts or web.xml configs.... and my code prints no stack traces... where is the stack trace coming from?

Also, how is it possible that I get valid HTML from the page, even when a JspException occurred compiling the page (here is actual output):

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I am using tiles for the layout of the page.

Thanks for any help,
Aaron